Sagicor Sigma Corporate Run is hosted by Sagicor Group Jamaica. The run started 18 years ago with 300 people and has now grown to be the largest road race in the world per capital. Scheduled for Sunday February 21 under the theme ‘run for the fun, donate for the cause’, with a target of JA$50M, the event is raising funds for Children with Cancer across Jamaica, Jamaica Cancer Society and the Black River Hospital Paediatric unit. Over the last 18 years Sigma Run has raised JA$166M for organisations and charitable institutions in Jamaica.Last year saw a record 24,000 Walkers, runners and wheelchair Jamaicans, coming together to raise funds for Cornwall Regional Hospital and the Jamaica Kidney Kids Foundation.
- 2016 Beneficiaries
- Children with Cancer across the island – cancer is the leading cause of death in Jamaica for children under 14 years of age. Funds will be used to purchase needed machine/equipment to treat the disease along with various types of medicine.
- The Jamaica Cancer Society (JCS) – for the purchase a new Mammography Unit which will be retrofitted on a mobile vehicle to be able to reach women in rural Jamaica to do breast screening.
- The Black River Hospital Paediatric Unit – to purchase an arterial blood gas machine to check for severe breathing problems and lung diseases, such as asthma, cystic fibrosis or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and also to refurbish their paediatric lounge.
Meet SIGMA 2016 Patron – Asafa Powell!It’s the 18th staging of The Sagicor SIGMA Corporate Run and we’re READY! We’re Proud to have 100m Track & Field Athlete and Sub-10 record holder, Asafa Powell as a Patron of SIGMA 2016! Join us as we #RunForTheFun and #DonateForTheCause.
Posted by Sagicor Group Jamaica on Thursday, January 14, 2016
Jamaicans are being invited to donate and pledge funds towards Sigma Run 2016 to reach the target of J$50 million. Donations to support this year’s causes are also being invited, and can be made via pledges.
Donations can be made to the Sagicor Foundation at:
- generosity.com (enter ‘Sigma Run’ in the search engine to make your donation)
- Local donors may make cheques payable to Sigma Run 2016,
- Deposits can be made at any Sagicor Bank location to Account Number – 5502392157.
- Deposits may also be made to “Sagicor Foundation” @ Sagicor Bank, savings account #5502326386
Jamaican Athletes Donate Gear to Sigma Run
The donor with that makes the largest donation, with a minimum of US$5,000, will receive all of the following gears from Jamaica favourite track stars: (note that all gears were donated by the athletes themselves)
- Usain Bolt (former Sigma Run Patron)– jersey from the Beijing world championship.
- Asafa Powell (2016 Sigma Run Patron)– track jumpsuit and spikes from the 100m at the Golden Spike 2013 IAAF event, where the sub-10 king clocked 10.06 seconds.
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce (former Patron)– t-shirt from that she wore when she did a national record in the 100m final at the JAAA Senior Championships
- Novlene Williams Mills- (2016 Sigma Run Patron) t-shirt and spikes from Cancer survivor and 4×100 relay champion at the 15th IAAF World Athletics Championships in Beijing.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.